Sunday 16 January 2011

Girls just wanna have fun


Parties and evenings out in general are the most difficult for me to find suitable attire for. This Saturday however was a little different, it was fancy dress time.

My friends and I take fancy dress VERY seriously, so no half hearted effort will do, I knew i didn't want to go to the expense of hiring a costume, my weekend bed time sans alcohol is no later than 12pm (1pm at a push) so hiring seemed extravagant, i also didn't want anything involving me being spray painted (like i said, we take fancy dress seriously) I also of course had to take into consideration my new shape, a visit to my parents to dig out some of my vintage clothes (you could say my mum curates my archives) reminded me just how big i am now, I tried some possible options (velvet dress and fur stole for Cruella de Vil, ballroom dress for strictly come dancing) my mum was polite as always, even stifling her giggles as i squeezed into a white conical busted tutu dress for my best Madonna "like a virgin" impression...there are some things a pregnant woman shouldn't be seen in, this is one of them.
After spending an hour or so ploughing through my old accessories, my character for the night revealed its self, tonight Matthew i am going to be Cyndi Lauper....because girls just wanna have fun !





1 comment: